A Brand New Feature is being rolled out here, as we speak. Small Barn Sound is now a “Social Membership Site”.
Joining is simple, and similar to most others. Just follow the simple steps:
- Hit the login/join button at the top
- select a user name (lower-case)
- feed it your email address
- match up some password stuff
- click the finish, or join, or whatever that button’s called button
- check your email and click the link
- log in to complete your registration
- Play nice.
- Ask if you have a question.
- Please post at least one picture of yourself ( you may use another for your profile) .
- Please create a post that includes a bit about who you are, your profession, etc. and select it as a featured post for your profile.
- Those who wish to access all the features of WordPress Blogs, should let me know, I’ll set your account accordingly. The more you blog, the more admin access you’ll get.
- Share your work, successes, tips, music, books, favorite stuff, etc.
- You may use your posts to advertise.
- Feel free to share your other social profiles and professional sites.
- Keep in mind that the purpose of the site is to be helpful professionals, leave the cats on Facebook.
- Inform us of weirdness in the function of the site, like the current problem that messes up the colors in Chrome.
- Invite cool people – use good judgement, if you invite Justin Bieber, we’ll hunt you down.
- Nudity, pornography, and abusive language will get you canned as soon as a site admin sees it. (Pornography will get you reported). And yes, I decide what constitutes pornagraphy. We all understand Art, but please cover the “bikini or banana hammock areas”.
- Being mean will get you canned. This means being really mean. It is OK to tease Billy Kay or myself.
- Don’t steal intellectual property.
By creating an account, you agree to these rules, and furthermore, that these rules shall be subject to the interpretation of Small Barn Sound. You also agree that SmallBarnSound.com has the non-exclusive right to use any material you post or create on the site as we see fit. You have our assurance that your content will not be abused, or used for the express purpose of profit by Small Barn. We may from time to time share your posts, pictures, video, or audio posts for advertising purposes, benefiting you as well as us. Your personal information will never be sold, and your email will not be abused. (be sure to tick the appropriate boxes for email you wish to receive).
These rules are subject to change at my whim…
If you think of the rules as mirroring those for Facebook, Twitter, G+, etc. You’ll be in good shape.
I hope you all enjoy the site, and that you are able to make good connections, and learn something. Remember, YOU are the reason for the site, and it will be as great as YOU make it!
Thanks for being good friends,
C Bret Campbell – owner Small Barn Sound